image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

How to take care of long hair

How I do it:


Washing:

I, personally, wash my hair about once every two or three days. At the moment I'm using the Organix Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom and Ginger shampoo and conditioner.
With the shampoo, it says that you should apply it, lather and rinse. I, personally leave it in for about a minute after lathering to hold some of the scent into my hair.
With the conditioner, it says to apply and leave for 3-5 minutes and again I leave it in for a little while longer.
After using my shampoo and conditioner, about once or twice a week I follow it with a hair mask. At the moment I'm using the Schwarzkoph Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask for damaged, dry hair. For me it's important to use the damaged formula as I use a lot of heat when styling my hair and it could lead to a lot of split ends.
I apply from about mid-way to the ends of my hair after shampooing and conditioning and i leave it in for about 10 minutes despite the instructions only saying to leave it in for one minute. I feel like if you only leave it in for a minute, your hair doesn't seem as silky as it could be.
After rinsing out the product and getting out of the shower i wrap my hair up in a towel for about 10 minutes so it can dry a little bit. After that, using a wide tooth comb, I detangle any knots. 

While damp:

If I'm going to a party or going out to dinner and I feel i need a little volume I use the Schwarzkopf Ultimate Keratin Mousse.
This is the first mousse that I've tried and I chose it because it contains Keratin which is really good for your hair as it protects it from heat and pollution. It is particularly good if you have frizzy hair as it can reduce frizz.
While my hair is still damp I take some mousse into my hands and rub the product together in my hands and then i flip my head over, only applying the product to the roots. For ultimate volume I suggest blow drying your hair upside down.
Applying oil to the tips of hair can prevent split ends. I'm using Joico K-PAK Colour Therapy restorative styling oil containing Argan Oil. Argan oil assists in hydrating the hair and it contains natural antioxidants that repair damage in the cellular membrane. Argan oil and dry ends, like I have, are a match made in heaven. 
I take about a 20 cent coin amount and rub it together in my hands and apply it to the ends. Any left-over product can be run through the rest of the hair. You can also apply the oil to dry hair but I feel it soaks in better with damp hair.

If oily:

I get really oily roots so if I haven't had time to wash my hair and it's looking a little oily i use some dry shampoo. Currently I'm using Bastiste Dry Shampoo in the floral and flirty blush scent.
I usually style my hair and then i spray it on the bits that look oily and then rub it it. Make sure to rub it through thoroughly or it can make your hair look white/grey.

I'm not a professional when it comes to hair but this is how i look after my hair. It is also helpful to have regular haircuts to promote growth and generally keep your hair healthy so please keep that in mind, I know a lot of people don't like to get hair cuts because they want it to be long, but without regular haircuts it won't grow as fast and it could appear to be 'dead'.

xx




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment