image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

My OPI Collection

OPI is by far, my absolute favourite nail polish brand! I'm so excited to share with you the colours I have in my slowly growing collection :)

From left to right:

  • Lights of Emerald City
  • Goldeneye
  • Just Spotted the Lizard
  • Austin-tatious Turquoise
  • You're Such a Budapest
  • Significant Other Colour
  • An Affair in Red Square
The first OPI nail polish I ever bought was Just Spotted the Lizard. I got a mani-pedi and it was the colour I chose on a whim and I completely fell in love. It was fate! After having it on a couple of days I decided to buy it, I marched into Myer and I found it instantly without even knowing the colour's name. In the bottle it looks half gold, a quarter green and a quarter blue but when you apply it on the nail, it comes out gold although you can see the greenish-blue tints in different lights. After applying it myself, I realised just how quickly it dries, it's amazing. I highly recommend this to everyone. To this day it is still my favourite in my collection.

Next up I bought Goldeneye and An Affair in Red Square and these colours did not disappoint. Both are great colours and are completely opaque after two coats and applied smoothly and perfectly. These ones also dried just as quick. This is when I completely fell in love with OPI.

Austin-tatious Turquoise was my next purchase. In the bottle the colour is so beautiful but after applying it, I wasn't so impressed. The formula is quite thin and it took me four coats for it to be opaque. FOUR COATS? WUTTTTT! It really didn't live up to OPI's standards. I'm not sure if I just got a dud one or not but I was not happy JAN.

On the same day I bought Significant Other Colour and I thought it was great. It's this pretty pale, metallic pink colour with hints of green-ish pearl. Sounds weird but it's soooo pretty, I love it.

You're Such a Budapest is a gorgeous lavender colour from the European Centrale collection. I didn't have a colour like this in my overall nail polish collection so I thought I'd give it a try. The formula is quite watery but after 2 GOOD coats(3 if you tend to apply thinner coats) you should be ready to go. I love that this colour looks as though it's a solid colour but upon further inspection you can see little bits of silver shimmer that make your nails look shiny even without a top coat.

Last, but not least, is Lights of Emerald City and let's just say that this is definitely competing with Just Spotted the Lizard as far as my favourite OPI nail polish goes. It is actually a clear nail polish but it has large, square pieces of white glitter along with smaller pieces of clear, iridescent glitter. Personally, I think it looks great on it's own or over the top of another colour. Even though I love this nail polish, it can be quite tricky to apply because of the large pieces of glitter and it also takes a little longer than normal to dry.  

Well that brings us to an end and now all I want to do is go buy more. LOL
What's your favourite nail polish? Let me know in the comments below :)
xx

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. You're Such a Budapest looks gorgeous, but it's bad that you have to apply 2/3 coats of it, when OPI are such expensive nail polish!

    http://tanjamortensen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is bad but it's so gosh darn pretty, can't let it go to waste.
      xx

      Delete